Kathy Knudson, MS, MFC 38737, MAC, LAADC, SAP
I am a Marriage & Family Therapist/Career Counselor. I’ve helped many clients with a broad range of employment issues. My practice focuses on:
- Exploring career options and deciding on a direction
- Attending to career issues, personal, familial and professional relationships that impact one another
- Assistance with workplace issues such as conflict resolution, toxic co-workers, bullying and substance abuse
- Stress management
- Compensation issues, such as salary negotiation and performance bonus, as well as “No Compete” and Employment Separation agreements
- Coaching for ongoing career issues and personal development
I have extensive experience career counseling in both private industry and government agencies and have also worked in corporate recruitment. In addition to my training as a career counselor, I am a therapist and Substance Abuse Professional. I work with the City and County of San Francisco as a Vocational Assessor.
I understand career transition problems from both a personal & professional point of view having made a successful career change after over 20 years in the aviation industry. I utilize a solution-oriented approach.
- Panelist, The Job Forum, San Francisco Chamber of Commerce
- American Counseling Association
- National Career Development Association
- California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs & Professionals
- Employee Assistance Professionals Association
- MFT-California Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- Active member of San Francisco chapter of California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists, Hospitality & Internship Chairs
- Critical Incident Stress Management Responder- International Critical Incident Stress Foundation & American Red Cross
- NCC-National Certified Counselor, National Board of Certified Counselors
- MAC-Master Addictions Counselor, National Association of Addiction Professionals
- LAADC-Licensed Advanced Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselor, California Consortium of Addiction Programs & Professionals
- SAP-Substance Abuse Professional, National Association of Addiction Professionals & U.S. Dept. of Transportation. Provide substance abuse and mental health assessments for: California Board of Pharmacy
- California Board of Registered Nursing
- Dental Board of California
- Osteopathic Medical Board of California
- Physical Therapy Board of California
- Physician Assistant Committee of California
- Veterinary Medical Board of California
There are many career counselors, but I offer an unusual combination of professional expertise and solid experience.
The first half hour phone consultation with me is free of charge for prospective clients. Please contact me if you have additional questions about my services. My web address is www.cpdicareercounseling.com.